BTG FORUMS
Forums -> News & Announcements -> Site Maintenance Next Weekend
The GeekMessage
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 3/20/2015 2:53:32 PM

Hey all,

Just a heads up next weekend (March 28th - 29th) the site will be down. I will be moving everything to a different server to save money.

As I mentioned in a previous post, running this site costs me much more than it makes me (last year I think google ads bought in all of $200.... and web hosting fees are around $800)

So by moving to a cheaper hosting plan, I will lose the ability to host special programs on that server, and therefore MPBTGTD (the multiplayer version of BTGTD) will be shut down.

It's sad to see it go as I worked real hard on it... unfortunately it barely gets played. So, if you want to play it a few more times, now's your chance. :)

Thanks for your understanding.

chaosinmotionlvl 103
I should be looking for a job!
Nerd

Posted: 5/17/2015 6:22:53 AM

Missing the weekend tourney - Hope everything is ok! Also, couldn't find a way to start a new thread, are you tired of hearing from us???
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 5/17/2015 1:50:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that this map was supposed to be the Golden Ticket map.
http://www.beatthegeek.com/games/TowerDefence/tournamentResults.asp?tournid=39586

[quote]
Arg. Ok, fixed. I know it's a bit late. Sorry.

Work has become incredibly stressful lately and I'm kinda going crazy. All the people above me quit and the company I work for just got sold to another company. Anyways, I'm a little stressed and not thinking clearly. Sorry in advance for my mistakes :)

I am aware that any new maps created fail to create the map image.... this is due to the fact I switched servers and the script broke.

I hope one day I find the energy to fix it. Might be like that for a month though until things calm down :(
[/quote]

I now that this was a month ago, but maybe his live is (still) a biatch. With other words: I'm sure he did not made anything that is currently messed up on beatthegeek.com with purpose.

So, my advice to you, chaosinmotion:
Ceep Calm
and
Carry On
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/18/2015 7:29:41 AM

I honestly tried to start a weekly tourney... but ran into issues.

I'm hosting this site on GoDaddy.com. To access the database I need to log into their site. Unfortunately this weekend I was unable to log in, not sure why. Things were incredibly slow loading.

I'll make sure I set up the tourny's in advance from now on so hopefully this doesn't happen again :)

Sorry about that.
chaosinmotionlvl 103
I should be looking for a job!
Nerd

Posted: 5/19/2015 7:05:41 AM

Thanks, Sparticus, for letting us know the situation. We know you're busy and appreciate you keeping this site. Any reason I can't start a thread?
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 5/19/2015 9:15:54 AM

For me it's just the "News & Announcements" Forum, that misses the "Craete new thread" Button. Do you miss it only in this Forum as well?

A question to Sparticus: is it a bug or a feature, that all maps are now sorted by time left by default? I wont mind if it stays like this, because I was always sorting the maps like this.
Sparticuslvl 19
Site Admin

Posted: 5/19/2015 1:12:54 PM

You should be able to start a thread all on all boards except this one... as the News and Announcements are just posts from me :)

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy