BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Game Bugs and Site Issues -> FIXED: weird editor
The GeekMessage
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 5/11/2011 7:48:06 AM   (Edited: 5/11/2011 7:49:06 AM)

Hi, I've edited two tourney's today, and both show a wrong picture.
One of them is "Cube vs Squar" wihich is still open. After a test in the editor the play area was erased. If ignored this, did the last modifications at the creeps and clicked the "save and test" button. I've waited around 10minutes but the game hasn't started. So I used the back button of the internet explorer and the play area was still eraed. Then I clicked the forward button in the explorer, after that the save and test button. Now the map was compleatly erased, and I closed the internet. Started it again, and saw, that the area was still erased, BUT when I roll over the little picture it showed the old one in the appearing larger box. I've opened the tourney and had to creathe the map design again, becaue it was realy erased. Now I've started the tourney, and it still showes the old and wrong picture.

In the other tournament it is the opposit with the real play area and the showcase. It showes an old version but when you roll over it, it showes the new one. THis happened after I started it. I've closed it without looking if the new version was opened.

I think this is enough info to bug.

@Sparticus: I'm sure you as admin can look at this tourney even when I haven't open them. The tourey ID's are:
101741 Cube vs Sqare
101728 Whichcraft
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 5/11/2011 8:10:02 AM

When you clicked "Save and test", was the map fully loaded and displayed properly first? When you click "save and test" it takes whatever it see on the map and saves it.

Maybe it hadn't finished loading the map and you clicked "save and test" and it overwrote your map with a blank one?
njulianlvl 67
010 001 111
Geek

Posted: 5/14/2011 4:38:09 AM

Ya, that may be possible. But the real problem was with the showcase. It showes a wrong picture.

And I have an idea for the editor to balance your maps: You can choose up to five friend and click an "open for test" button. Now these five people can play your map, leave comments, but they wont get any exp or GP when the tourney ends.
I've got this idea because my "Cube vs Squar" map was nearly impossible in the editor because of the large upgrade time and the less time between waves. But with my levelpoints the map was really easy.

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy