BTG FORUMS
Forums -> Game Bugs and Site Issues -> Hot Key Problems
The GeekMessage

Posted: 12/7/2017 8:34:11 PM

I've played on beatthegeek for a long time and I just got a new computer. Now when I try and play, the Hot Keys will not work during gameplay! I have to click on the towers in order to put them on the map (every time), cannot pause, cannot send the next wave early, etc... Is there something I need to "allow" or turn on or unlock on my computer for them to work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sparticuslvl 19
Visit the App Stores to download the game!
Site Admin

Posted: 12/8/2017 2:41:56 PM

Ya that's very weird. In over a decade i've never heard of anyone having that problem. The game watches to see what characters you press on your computer and does different things based on each key. It seems for some reason your keyboard isn't sending keystrokes to the game.

A few things to try :

1.) I'm sure you tried this, but, make sure you click on the game itself (to give it focus) and see if the keys work then

2.) Make sure you have the latest flash player. Maybe your new computer has an older version installed by default.

3.) Try a few different browsers. Try playing on Chrome, IE and Firefox... maybe one of your browsers is blocking keystrokes in flash.

4.) find another flash game on the web that requires you to use the keyboard... does that game work?

I dunno... i'm kinda lost. Like i said, never seen that before.

Let me know if you have any luck

Posted: 12/11/2017 1:22:46 PM

Well, I got it to work again... just downloaded firefox and used that instead of the explorer edge that came on my computer... Thanks for you help! Have a good one and keep up the good work!
lordcrumblvl 100
yay
Geek

Posted: 12/12/2017 5:02:24 AM

i had it on firefox. reloading the site fixed it

Start Playing Now!
Returning Geeks Sign In
New Geeks Register

© 2010 - 2015, BeatTheGeek.com - Terms Of Service - Privacy Policy